Join the Town and the Chamber of Commerce for a massive litter cleanup. This event encourages members of the community to collect unsightly and potentially hazardous waste for proper disposal. Help beautify Auburn on this rewarding and productive day!
Registered volunteers will receive a t-shirt, safety & cleanup gear, a reusable bag, snacks, and a boxed lunch.
Follow the Link here to SIGN UP!
TIRES! Central Mass Mosquito Control Project will be collecting tires for recycling (47 Auburn St)
• Passenger and light truck tires only
• Off rim, no mounted tires will be accepted
• We reserve the right to refuse anything determined to be unsuitable for this program
BATTERIES! Interstate Batteries will be collecting batteries for recycling (47 Auburn St)
• Car batteries and household rechargeable batteries, such as nickel cadmium and lithium ion, will be accepted
• Single use alkaline batteries are safe to be disposed of in your regular trash!
MERCURY! Auburn Board of Health will be collecting mercury containing items for safe recycling (47 Auburn St)
• Fluorescent light bulbs (CFL, tubes, U-shape)
• Mercury containing thermometers and thermostats, hearing aid & button cell batteries
PAPER SHREDDING! bankHometown will have a shred truck on site from 9am-11am (569 Southbridge St-Heritage Mall)
• Please remove any clips, staples, rubber bands, etc.
• NO BOOKS! Loose paper only, other items will damage the shredding machine
ITEMS THAT WILL BE COLLECTED